Download Read by QxMD by following this link http://qx.md/read or search "QxMD" in the app store.
Once you've downloaded the mobile app and created an account for Read, follow the instructions below to connect to your institution.
- From the homepage, click on the Account Settings icon at the top-left corner.
- On the Account Settings page, select Institutional Access.
- Click on the Add button at the top-right.
- A list of institutions should appear. Search for your institution and select it. In this case we will be using the “University of British Columbia” as our example institution.
- Select your login preference.
- In this case it would be Automatic Login Using CWL. Please note that it may also say something different, such as "Automatic Login Using MyAthens" or "Automatic Login Using Library Login".
- Enter the credentials you use to access your institution's library (library login).
- Click the Check icon. Congratulations, you're all set!
Note: If you’re having trouble logging into your library, please contact your library directly as we do not have the authorization to help manage your library account information.
Test to See if You Have Logged in Successfully:
To see if you have correctly entered your credentials or logged in successfully to your institution, you can try to access one of the articles below. These are pay-walled articles that most institutions subscribe to, so you should have access to them. You can either click the hyperlinks below, or search the PMID of the article directly through the search bar in Read. If these do not work, please make sure your credentials are correct and contact your librarian to make any necessary changes to your library account.
Please make sure when you are testing papers, you are not connected to your institution's WiFi-network.