Read Institutional Edition is a subscription-based service that helps libraries keep their communities at the forefront of medical discovery.
The service is based around Read by QxMD which is a free app that helps clinicians discover and access research that is most relevant to them. Libraries can connect their e-resources to Read in order to improve the experience for their patrons and gain access to tools to support them better.
What does Institutional Edition mean for clinicians?
- Better paper access - indications when the full-text is available and faster retrieval of the full-text through integration with your library's holdings.
- Improved support - high priority support and proactive upgrades to your proxy integration.
- Boosted clinical quality improvement - your library and quality improvement teams can disseminate important research that support quality improvement initiatives.
What does Institutional Edition mean for librarians?
If you're a librarian and want to join Institutional Edition, click here!
- Access to Analytics: Provides data-driven insights into the educational needs of your medical & health science audience.
- Highlights the usage data of your community.
- Showcases which journals are being accessed the most and which are being requested for access.
- Disseminate important research for quality improvement initiatives or to highlight articles published by your faculty or staff.
- Provide another avenue for your users to discover and access research.
- More usage of your e-resources and lower cost per use.
- Leverage Read's sharing capabilities to share content copyright-compliantly both internally and externally.
How Does Read Work?
- Download Read and create your QxMD account.
- Setup your Institutional Access with your library account.
- Click on a paper.
- The app will work towards getting you access to the paper.
Here's a video that briefly summarizes Read Institutional Edition: