By choosing your specialty, Read will take this information into account to recommend you articles. If you have chosen to receive notifications and emails from us, these will also be based on the most popular articles from your specialty. You can also choose to have additional specialties on top of your main one, which we've provided instructions for below. If you are looking for the Read Mobile App version of this FAQ article, click here.
How to Change Your Main Specialty (Web):
- On the main page of Read by QxMD, hover over where it says your name near the top-right corner. This will prompt a pop-up with several options. Choose Account Settings.
- On the Account Settings page, scroll-down to where it says Specialty.
- Once you have chosen your main specialty, click Save Settings to confirm your selection.
How to Change Additional Specialties (Web):
- On the main page of Read by QxMD, hover over where it says your name near the top-right corner. This will prompt a pop-up with several options. Choose My Subscriptions.
- Next to where it says Specialties to Follow, you should see a list of all the specialties. Here you can choose as many specialties as you would like, but keep in mind that this will alter Read's recommendations for you. All changes will be saved automatically.