The Featured Feed is a set of recommended articles that is based on several factors, such as your user profile, trending papers within your specialty, and your interactions within the application. New users will generally only have trending papers relevant to their profile in their recommendations, but as they view and share more papers these recommendations will become more personalized and represent more of the user's interests (based on past actions). Essentially, by spending more time on Read, reading articles, or giving articles a thumbs up, the application will be able to provide better and more personalized recommendations.
The Featured Feed is updated once a day.
1. User Profile (Profession & Specialties): Papers that are recommended to you in the Featured Feed will always be related to your profession and main specialty, which you selected when creating an account. Your Profession and Main Specialty can always be changed under your Settings > My Account Details. You can also add as many Additional Specialties as you would like by pressing the Pen Icon/Edit button at the top-right of the Featured Feed.
- Main Specialty
- Additional Specialties
2. Popular Papers: The most popular papers in various categories, such as best papers of all time, best papers monthly from specialty, trending papers within specialties will be placed into your Featured Feed. Most of these papers will be those with the highest interactions and views within your profession and specialty. However, it's possible to be recommended 1 or 2 papers that may not be related to your account details and are just generally popular.
Please note our algorithm will remove any duplicates for articles that are in more than one category.
- Best Papers of All Time
- Best Paper last month from Specialty
- Recent Papers from Journals within your Specialty
- Trending Papers within Specialty
- Trending Papers within Additional Specialties
3. Article Interactions: Papers in the Featured Feed will be based on the interactions below: